How to Turn Video into Audio File on Your iPhone Using a Third-Party App
- To turn a video into an audio file on your
iPhone, you will need to download a third-party app from the App Store.
- Most apps that let you convert video to audio are free, although supported by ads.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
There’s no shortage of reasons why a video on your iPhone might work better as just audio.
Maybe it’s a video of a beautiful speech that was recorded from a terrible angle. Or maybe it’s a video of your kids singing a song that you want to be able to play while driving the car.
Whatever your reason, there are plenty of apps that let you convert iPhone video to audio. However, none of them are native apps, so you’ll have to download them from the App Store. Fortunately, most of these apps are free.
Here’s what you need to know.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
iPhone 11 (from $699.99 at Apple)
How to turn video into audio on your iPhone
Among your options are apps like Media Converter, Video to MP3, and MyMP3. For this article, we will be using MyMP3.
1. Search MyMP3 in App Store and download it. It’s free, but you’ll still need to verify your Apple ID.
2. Open the app and tap the magnifying glass in the top right, then select “Choose video from gallery”. If the app asks you to access your photo gallery, allow it.
3. Find the video you want to convert, tap it, then tap “Choose”.
The video will now be compressed into an audio file and available on the home screen of the MyMP3 app. You can tap on it to read it.
By tapping the three dots to the right of the file, you can send the new audio file as an email attachment or save it to your iPhone Files.
Read the original article on Business Insider