How to turn video to audio file on iPhone
- To turn a video into an audio file on your iPhone, you will need to download a third-party app from the App Store.
- Most of the apps that let you convert video to audio are free, although they are supported by ads.
- Visit the Business Insider homepage for more stories.
There are no shortage of reasons why a video on your iPhone could perform better as simple audio.
Maybe it’s a video of a beautiful speech that was recorded from a terrible angle. Or maybe it’s a video of your kids singing a song you want to be able to play while driving the car.
Whatever your reason, there are plenty of apps that allow you to convert iPhone video to audio. However, none of them are native apps, so you’ll need to download them from the App Store. Fortunately, most of these apps are free.
Here’s what you need to know.
Discover the products mentioned in this article:
iPhone 11 (from $ 699.99 at Apple)
How to turn video to audio on your iPhone
1. Search for MyMP3 in the App Store and download it. It’s free, but you’ll still need to verify your Apple ID.
2. Open the app and tap the magnifying glass at the top right, then choose “Choose video from gallery”. If the app asks you to access your photo gallery, allow it.
3. Find the video you want to convert, tap it, and then tap “Choose.”
The video will now be compressed into an audio file and available on the home screen of the MyMP3 application. You can tap on it to play it.
By tapping the three dots to the right of the file, you can send the new audio file as an email attachment or save it to your iPhone files.