Nugen Audio releases new Halo Vision plug-in
AMSTERDAM—Nugen Audio offers its new Halo Vision plug-in designed for surround and immersive 3D audio workflows and that it has added the Timecode View module to support the software launch.
Halo Vision offers customizable real-time visual analysis of surround and immersive audio running up to 7.1.2 channels for AAX, VST3 and AU formats. The suite of analysis tools includes a variety of modules that give audio professionals a clearer understanding of every aspect of their sound, the company said.
Halo Vision’s suite of tools includes Correlation Matrix, Correlation Web and Spectrum as well as an expanded version of Frequency Haze and Location Haze functions and a True Peak meter for each channel. The modules offer mixing engineers decision-making and troubleshooting assistance so they can identify issues that might be missed if they relied solely on their ears, the company said.
By function, the modules offer:
- Timecode Video, which displays timecode in hours, minutes, seconds, and frames to help engineers determine the precise location of errors.
- Correlation Matrix, which displays the color-coded relationship between each channel and offers a larger arc meter for more detailed analysis and anti-correlation alerts at a user-defined threshold. The tool also displays a network of channels with an interconnecting line between each pair that lights up when the phase relationship between two channels becomes anticorrelated.
- Frequency Haze, which displays content across the surround field with low frequencies in the center and high frequencies at the outer edge. With channels labeled in typical speaker positions, it provides a visualization of the perceived location of audio, showing the distribution of energy across the surround field.
- Spectrum, which when set to “combined” mode displays a level-frequency graph of all channels in a spectrum. Groups mode groups channels together in separate overlays.
- True Peak Meter, which provides a dBTP level meter for each channel.
Halo Vision can be customized, rearranged and scaled for any specific workflow, making it well suited for a wide range of immersive sound projects, from music to film, he said.
More information and a download of the Halo Vision plug-in can be found on the company’s website. website (opens in a new tab).