Tennessee Titans take on Houston Texans on Sunday afternoon – Clarksville Online
Tennessee Titans (4-2) vs. Houston Texans (1-4-1)
Sunday, October 30, 2022 | 3:05 PM CT
Houston, TX | NRG Stadium | Television: CBS (WTVF-5)
Nashville, TN – The Tennessee Titans (4-2) ride a four-game winning streak in Houston this week for the first of two annual matchups with the AFC South rival Texans (1-4-1). Kick-off at NRG Stadium (capacity 71,995) is scheduled for Sunday, October 30 at 3:05 p.m. CT.
The last time the Titans and Texans met was Jan. 9, when they played Houston in their 2021 season finale. Ryan Tannehill’s four touchdown passes provided a 28- 25, which secured the AFC’s first playoff seed for the Titans. The victory, which gave them their third consecutive victory in Houston, also avenged Houston’s 22-13 triumph at Nissan Stadium on November 21.
Nashville fans can stream Titans games live with the new NFL+ subscription service, which offers access to all local games and all primetime games on phones and tablets, local and national audio live for every NFL game, and more.
The Titans Radio Network and Nashville flagship 104.5 The Zone broadcast all Titans games across the Mid-South with “Voice of the Titans” Mike Keith, analyst Dave McGinnis, sideline reporter Amie Wells and host from gameday Rhett Bryan.
About the Tennessee Titans
The Tennessee Titans returned from an open date in Week 6 to host the Indianapolis Colts last Sunday. In a game that featured three takeaways from the Titans defense, they never trailed and ultimately prevailed by a final score of 19-10. He kept the Titans in sole possession of first place in the AFC South, ahead of the second-place Colts 3-3-1.
The Titans’ defense was sparked by veteran safety Andrew Adams, who was in his third game with the club after being signed from Pittsburgh’s practice squad on Sept. 21. In the second quarter, Adams returned a 76-yard interception for his first career touchdown and the team’s longest interception return since linebacker Zach Brown’s 79-yard touchdown return against Jacksonville on December 30, 2012.
Titans running back Derrick Henry recorded his third consecutive 100-yard rushing game, gaining 128 yards on 30 carries. His 536 rushing yards in 2022 currently rank fourth in the NFL. With 73 career total touchdowns (70 rushing and three receiving), he’s tied with Earl Campbell for second place in team history and needs just one touchdown to tie the record. Eddie George’s franchise streak of 74 touchdowns.
Randy Bullock made all four field goal attempts, including kicks for 38 yards and 48 yards during the fourth quarter.
About the Houston Texans
The Houston Texans are in their first season under Lovie Smith, who was promoted to head coach after serving as associate head coach/defensive coordinator at Houston in 2021. This is his 12th season in the NFL as a head coach, after spending nine seasons with the Chicago Bears. (2004-12) and two campaigns with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2013-14).
Like the Titans, Smith’s team was coming off their bye last week. The Texans were in Las Vegas to face the Raiders and held a 20-17 lead in the third quarter. However, the Raiders scored the final 21 points of the contest to secure a 38-20 win and hand the Texans their fourth loss in five games.
Texans quarterback Davis Mills is in his second NFL season since being selected from Stanford University in the third round of the 2021 NFL Draft. He started every game in 2022, passing for 1,350 yards with seven touchdowns and five interceptions.
Series in brief
- Overall Series (Regular and Playoffs): Titans lead 22-18
- Regular season series: Titans lead 22-18
- Post-season series: None
- Total points: Titans 860, Texans 964
- Current series: A Titans Victory
- Titans at home vs. Texans: 12-8
- Titans on the road against Texans: 10-10
- Longest Titans winning streak: 7 (2005-08)
- Longest losing streak by Titans: 5 (2014-16)
- Titans vs. Texans at Nissan Stadium: 12-8
- Last time at Nissan Stadium: TEXANS 22 vs. Titans 13 (21-11-21)
- Titans vs. Texans at NRG Stadium: 10-10
- Last time at NRG Stadium: TITANS 28 vs. Texans 25 (1-9-22)
- First time: Texans 10 to TITANS 17 (11-10-02)
- Mike Vrabel’s record against the Texans: 5-3
- Lovie Smith’s record against the Titans: 2-2 (2-1 with Chicago; 0-1 with Tampa Bay)
- Record of Mike Vrabel against Lovie Smith: 0-0
A Titans win would be
- Increase the Titans’ current winning streak to five games. It would be their third consecutive season with a winning streak of at least five games.
- Give the Titans their fourth straight victory in Houston.
- Give the Titans their fifth straight win in AFC South competitions.
- It’s the third straight season the Titans are 5-2 after seven games.
- Improve Mike Vrabel’s career record to 48-29 as a head coach, including regular season and playoffs. He has the third-highest win total in franchise history behind only Jeff Fisher (147) and Bum Phillips (59).
- Improve QB Ryan Tannehill’s combined starting record in the regular season and playoffs to 79-64, including a 37-18 record with the Titans.