Use any audio file as an alarm or timer]Google Clock app updated to version 5.0 with more informative time zones, layout adjustments, and more. [APK Download]
A smartphone is the only clock that many of us need, and Google has a solid clock app on Android. It comes preinstalled on a few devices and you can always grab it from the Play Store. This app just got an update to v5.0 in the store, and while it’s not a huge change, you’ll notice the changes if you use it regularly.
Here’s everything we’ve spotted in the updated app so far. Google has yet to provide an official changelog.
- Top icons now have labels in addition to icons, spaced evenly across the top
- Timer and stopwatch buttons now text-only
- The application font is bolder
- Smoother alarm extension animation
- Clock time zones now show how many hours ahead / behind
- Style setting is now a drop-down list instead of a context menu
- Possibility to display the time in seconds
- Screen saver mode hides navigation buttons
The new app is above, and a few screens of the old one are available below for comparison. You will immediately notice that something is different when updating. You don’t have to wonder what the icons mean as they now have additional labels or are just text labels. Time zones also include a line showing how many hours ahead or behind you, which is good.
The old application
The screen saver function is more usable now that it completely hides the navigation buttons. Previously, it only darkened them. Warning: activating the new option “time with seconds” seems to make the screen saver rather blocked. You can get the new version of the Clock app from APK Mirror or wait for it to hit your device the old fashioned way.
Alarms and timers
The new update also includes the ability to set any audio file on your device as alarm or timer sound. There is now an “Add New” option when adjusting the sound. It opens the built-in file picker. Cared for.